a Company of Fools is accepting submissions for a combined Production Manager and Front of House Manager for our annual summer production of Torchlight Shakespeare taking place in and around Ottawa, ON.
Title: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Date of first rehearsal: June 5, 2017
Run dates: July 3-August 19, 2017 (Monday through Saturday)
Salary range: $450-500/week, based on an average of approximately 30 hours per week (salary will be commensurate with experience)
All performances take place outdoors in parks in and around the Ottawa region, rain or shine.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong sense of humour, supportive team spirit and passion for theatre
- Be able to contribute to team set up and tear down regardless of heat, humidity, rain or other summer-like weather conditions
- Possess a “G” class license
- Be comfortable driving a cube van
- Be extremely punctual, positive, solution-oriented and flexible, even when under pressure
- Have experience managing a team and/or co-ordinating volunteers
- Access to a reliable automobile and previous experience with touring/outdoor productions will be considered an asset
- This position requires repeated moderate to heavy lifting
a Company of Fools is a PACT organization based in Ottawa, ON. Preference will be given to residents of the Ottawa area.
Please submit resume and letter of interest, including why you wish to work with a Company of Fools and what assets you bring to the team, to Artistic Director Catriona Leger at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: TORCHLIGHT PM/FOH by Tuesday January 31, 2017.
Ethno-cultural mandate: a Company of Fools encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.