a Company of Fools is looking for a dynamic, experienced and organized General Manager. The General Manager will report to the Board of Directors and work alongside the Artistic Director. This is a part-time, permanent, salary position.
- Works with Artistic Director to oversee the direction and strategic planning for the Fools.
- Hires, interviews and manages staff including volunteers, summer students and artists under contract.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of a Torchlight Shakespeare, including but not limited to: booking parks and venues, organizing and renting trucks for transportation, liaising with and booking volunteers, tracking and depositing cash, ordering merchandise and promotional materials, create and execute marketing strategies, schedule media interviews and appearances, attending production meetings, working with and assisting production staff (Production Manager, FOH Manager, Stage Management), etc.
- Liases with Canadian Actors Equity and PACT where necessary
- Liases with MASC, local schools and artists to book workshops throughout the year.
- Responsible for ensuring regular office hours are staffed as agreed upon by the Board.
- Attends regular board meetings and presents regular operational reports.
- Ensures all files and office materials are organized throughout the year.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director, creating and executing a marketing strategy.
- Tracks all donations, issues tax receipts and communicates with donors, sponsors and partners.
- Identifies, approaches and communicates with potential and existing sponsors
- Ensures payroll is complete and budgets are followed in conjunction with the Senior Financial Officer.
- Organizes, manages and promotes annual fundraising events and campaigns
- Complete administrative tasks as needed.
- Assists with researching and writing operational and project grants with the Artistic Director and Grant Writer as needed.
- Post Secondary education in a related field: Theatre, Arts Administration, Business, Communications, Marketing or similar field of study (significant experience may be considered equivalent)
- Minimum 3-5 years in a managment role, specifically in an arts organization and/or not-for-profit
- Familiar with Ottawa theatre sector
- Familiar with policies and best practices for not-for-profits
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Clear communication skills
- Solution oriented
- Positive, professional and respectful attitude
- Reliability and punctuality
- Sense of humour
- Experience in production management, volunteer management, donor relations or development considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the Fools and/or the Fools Torchlight Series considered an asset
- Experience using Quickbooks, WordPress and Mailchimp an asset
Compensation and Benefits
- Part-time (24HRS/WK), permanent position with flexible hours and room to grow
- $23,000 – $26,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience
- $500 available annually for professional development
Please send a cover letter and resume in one PDF to email@example.com addressed to Sue Smith, Board Chair by November 3rd, 2017.
** Please title your document using your first initial and last name, following this example:
‘S. Smith – GM Application 2017′ **
For more information about a Company of Fools or Torchlight Shakespeare, please visit www.fools.ca
Thank you for your submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
a Company of Fools encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.