a Company of Fools is seeking a Stage Manager for our annual summer production of Torchlight Shakespeare taking place in and around Ottawa, ON.
Title: Twelfth Night
Date of First Rehearsal: June 4, 2018
Run Dates: July 2-August 18, 2018 (Monday through Saturday)
All performances take place outdoors in parks in and around the Ottawa region, rain or shine.
a Company of Fools is an Ottawa-based organization, a full member of PACT engaging artists under the Canadian Theatre Agreement.
Preference will be given to residents of Ottawa who are full CAEA members in good standing.
The successful candidate will:
- have a strong sense of humour and supportive team spirit
- be able to contribute to team set up and tear down regardless of heat, humidity, rain or other summer-like weather conditions
- confident managing and mentoring apprentices
- represent the company in a professional manner outside and in at all times
- uphold the values of a safe and respectful work environment
Possession of a G-class license, access to a reliable automobile and/or previous experience with touring/outdoor productions will be considered assets.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Artistic Director Catriona Leger at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line TORCHLIGHT SM. Email applications only. Submission deadline: Friday December 22nd, 2017.
Ethno-cultural mandate: a Company of Fools encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
While we appreciate the unique and very exceptional qualifications of every candidate who submits, we will only be able to contact a select few. Thank you for taking the time to consider this post.